Adam turned 10 on Sept 2 of this year. For his birthday, I bought him a Challenger and a shot block. The first picture is of Adam getting the bow at his birthday. In his words, "this is the best birthday gift ever!"
- I bought Adam a Michigan Mentored Youth hunting license
- Adam practiced every day for a month, until he was confident in his ability and I was confident that he could make a clean and ethical shot (if the opportunity presented itself)
- Adam hunted (with me as mentor) during the Michigan Youth Hunt in mid-Sept. We saw deer, but didn't get a good shooting opportunity
- Adam and I went out again on Saturday, October 27th (his second time in the woods). At 8am, this buck emerges from the swamp and stops broadside at 30 yards. Adam calmly lined it up and made a perfect shot. The deer went about 40 yards and died.
- Adam tagged the buck with his Michigan Mentored Youth hunting license and didn't stop grinning for 2 days.
It's safe to say that you have earned a customer for life in Adam. We are getting a shoulder mount of the buck, which Adam wants to hang over his bed.
Gary Klaiss (Proud Dad)